Parks & Recreation Commission
Robbie Zamora (DSYSA), Chair - Term end 2017
Eric Russell (DSYSA), Vice Chair - Term end 2018
David Douglas (City) - Term end 2017
Robert Hayden (City) - Term end 2017
Eric Henline (DSISD) - Term end 2018
Ron Jones (DSISD) - Term end 2017
Wade King (City) - Term end 2018
Rich Moore (DSISD) - Term end 2018
(a) Advisory role. The commission shall act generally in an advisory capacity to the city council in the acquisition, development, utilization, operation, improvement, equipment and maintenance of all park playgrounds and recreational areas owned or controlled by the city.
(b) Recommendations. It shall be the duty of the commission to make recommendations to the city council pertaining to:
(1) The maximum utilization of the parks and park facilities by the DSISD, local athletic associations and the local public.
(2) Utilization of the park facilities to accommodate the athletic program of the DSISD and local athletic associations.
(3) Establishment of rules and regulations governing the utilization of the parks.
(4) Future development of parks, playgrounds and recreational facilities.
(c) Activities. The commission shall:
(1) Schedule special events;
(2) Establish an operating budget with approval of the council;
(3) Establish a maintenance program;
(4) Provide the council with quarterly and annual financial statements;
(5) Show income, expenditures and profit or loss of the city’s park facilities;
(6) Make recommendations pertaining to the city’s master park plan; and
(7) Prescribe and approve a schedule of activities of park facilities.
(d) Cooperation. The commission shall at all time seek to promote the close cooperation between the city, the DSISD, and the DSYSA and all private citizen’s institutions and agencies interested in conducting recreational activities to the end that all recreational resources within the city may be coordinated to secure the greatest public welfare.
(Ordinance 1500.3, ex. A, sec. 5, adopted 8/9/05)