For questions related to Planning, Public Works or Development, please contact:
Public Works and Development at 512-858-4725 or
Kyle Dannhaus, Code Enforcement Manager and Building Official at email@example.com
Richard Cartright, Construction Inspector at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lali Rambeau, Planning Coordinator at email@example.com
Katie Jordan, Planning Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurie Whipple, Administrative Assistant in charge of residential and commercial building permits at email@example.com
The Public Works and Development Department helps to guide growth and development within the city and its Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ). The Public Works and Development Department is committed to providing the community with high-quality, proactive services and programs to enhance the quality of life of the City’s residents, businesses and visitors, and to promote a well-designed, physically integrated, livable and prosperous community. It provides the community with personal attention, accurate, and detailed information and timely responses in a manner that instills public trust and confidence while exceeding service expectations. The department oversees all applications for discretionary permits needed to meet those requirements
The Public Works and Development Department actively works with a number of other agencies, including Hays County, a wide variety of utility companies, Hays County Emergency Services Districts #1 and #6 (Dripping Springs Fire and EMS), Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (CAMPO) and multiple state agencies to coordinate efforts and ensure good practices and compliance with the requirements of each.
In an effort to meet the needs of the citizens, the Public Works and Development Department has the following missions:
- To properly manage the growth and development of the community by carrying out adopted policies and providing professional expertise in the area of city planning, engineering, and development
- To continue our commitment to providing high quality service and accountability to the various groups we serve, including the general public, builders, developers, land owners, neighborhood groups, city commissions, and outside agencies
- Shaping the future of our city and neighborhoods by working directly with citizens and developing comprehensive short and long range plans for improving our community
- To maintain fair and consistent application of rules and regulations, encourage broad participation in land use decisions and access to land use data, and provide forward thinking, innovative, and solution-oriented advice on community planning, engineering, building, and resource management issues
- To enhance the tax base and livability of the community by encouraging high quality growth and development
For more information on Environmental Health and Inspections, please see our Environmental Health page.
Bureau Veritas (TIC), can be reached by calling 1.877.837.8775. or emailed by clicking here.
*Currently the City follows the International Building Code 2012 and National Electric Code 2014.
In accord with the above outlined mission, common forms and requests to be handled by the Public Works and Development Department are as follows:
Applications and Forms
City Maps (and Transportation Plans)
Master Fee Schedule
Residential/Commercial Building Permit Packets and Information
Application Processing and Submittal Policy
Application Submittal Calendar